- Ferreira, C.C. & Klütsch, C. (2018). Improving researchers’ mobility to foster international and cross-sectorial knowledge exchange. Submitted to Maclean’s.
- Klütsch, C. & Ferreira, C.C. (2018). Expanding opportunities to retain young talent in Canada: promoting career development and independence for early-career researchers. Submitted to CSPC.
- Klütsch, C. & Ferreira, C.C. (2018). Riding the tide of political will to maximize biodiversity research investment. Submitted to www.iPolitics.ca.
- Co-organization and attendance to the 1st MCAA North America Chapter – Canada Section. Toronto, Canada. (February 2018)
- Attendance via skype to the 3rd Annual Meeting European Scientific Diasporas in North America and participation in the discussion panel about “’Transatlantic Collaboration & Funding: Opportunities and Constraints” organized by the MCAA North America Chapter. Washington DC, USA. (December 11, 2017). You can watch it here!
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Society for Conservation Biology – Europe Section (December 2017)
- Member of the IUCN WCPA Connectivity Conservation Specialist Group (November 2017)
Member of the Management Team and EU-NA Liaison Fellow for the Marie Curie Alumni Association North America Chapter for the 2017-2018 term (September 2017)
Klütsch, C. & Ferreira, C. (2017). Inter- and transdisciplinary research programs are essential for protecting biodiversity in Canada. Available at: http://sciencepolicy.ca/news/inter-and-transdisciplinary-research-programs-are-essential-protecting-biodiversity-canada (April 2017)
Ferreira, C. & Geiger, M. (2017). Strengthening scientific collaboration between Europe and Canada: A Researchers’ point of view. – Available at: http://www.sciencepolicy.ca/news/strengthening-scientific-collaboration-between-europe-and-canada-researchers-point-view (March 2017)
Ferreira, C. & Geiger, M. (2017). Strengthening scientific collaboration between Europe and Canada: A Researchers’ point of view. EURAXESS Newsletter. (March 2017)
- Organizer of a proposal for the creation of the Marie Curie Alumni Association North America Chapter. (December 2016)
Invited to participate in the 2nd Annual Meeting European Scientific Diasporas. Washington DC, USA. December 5-6, 2016.
- Ferreira, C. (2016). “Canada and the EU: How can we strengthen research collaborations in science, technology and innovation?”. Invited speaker at the 8th Canadian Science Policy Conference, Ottawa, Canada. November 8-10, 2016.
Ferreira, C. (2015). “Applications of GIS to the study of terrestrial mammal ecology and conservation”. Invited Speaker at Trent GIS Day, Trent University, Peterborough, Canada. November 20, 2015.
Ferreira, C. (2015). Journal peer review of scientific studies is subjective and the quality is variable. Information and Scientific News Service (SINC), Spain. June 10, 2015. Available at: http://www.agenciasinc.es/en/News/The-review-of-scientific-studies-in-journals-is-subjective-and-the-quality-is-variable
Ferreira, C. (2015). The peer review system of scientific publications – history, weaknesses and future perspectives [in Spanish]. IREC-UCLM, Spain. June 10, 2015. Available at: http://www.irec.es/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=158:10-junio-2015-nueva-publicacion-el-sistema-irec.es/index.php
Ferreira, C. (2015). A look over the future of the peer review system in academia [in Portuguese]. Ciência Hoje, Portugal. Available at: http://www.cienciahoje.pt/index.php?oid=60012&op=all (June 2015)
Ferreira, C. (2015). Are all rabbits alike? A biometric study shows important differences between the two subspecies of European rabbit [in Spanish]. IREC-UCLM, Spain. Available at: http://www.irec.es/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=157:8-junio-2015-nueva-publicacion-son-todos- (June 2015)
- Ferreira, C., Castro, F., Piorno, V., Barrio, I.C., Delibes-Mateos, M., Rouco, C., Mínguez, L.E., Aparicio, F., Blanco-Aguiar, J., Ramírez, E., Iriarte, C., Ríos-Saldaña, C., Cañadilla, J., Arias de Reyna, L., Ferreras, P., Alves, P.C. & Villafuerte, R. (2015). Are all rabbits alike? A biometric study shows important differences between the two subspecies of European rabbit [in Spanish]. Trofeo, pages 50-54 (September 2015). PDF available here: Ferreira-et-al.-2015_biometrias-conejo_Trofeo
- Invited speaker: “My experience as a Marie Curie fellow – IOF fellowships”, Office for the promotion of the H2020 Framework, Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions Infoday, Lisbon, Portugal. July 3, 2014. PDF presentation available here: Infoday_MC_3Julho2014-1